Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Love It When They Call Me Big Papa: R.I.P Biggie Smalls



I was a sophomore in High School when Christopher Wallace aka The Notorious B.I.G aka Biggie Smalls died on March 9th 1997.
I thought the world was playing a cruel joke on me. When I woke up and someone called and told me that Big had gotten shot and killed. I didn't beleive it. Just the past September we had lost Tupac and I really wasn't ready to lose Big. In my heart I felt a tragic loss for Tupac and I knew he died over some senseless bullshit that I felt Big had nothing to do with, but who knows. Anyhow I felt at least we still had Biggie.
That whole East Coast/West Coast battle was sme straight up bullshit back in the day I witnessed it all and in the aftermath it was never worth losing two premier icons of pop culture such as Big and Pac.
Everyday their are both missed. Today we not only recognize the loss of Biggie, we celebrate his life.
Rest in peace Big Homie. You died too young and I am happy to have you as inspiration to me as an emcee.


OneLove & BlaxLife
Download "80's Babies HERE

No comments: