Friday, December 19, 2008

5 Questions. Interview with Rook Beats of the Grammy Award winning production trio "The J.U.S.T.I.C.E League"




If you haven't heard of the J.U.S.T.I.C.E League than you've either been stuck under a rock or listening to Country Western music for the last few years.
I recently had the time to politic a little bit with my man Rook Beats of the legendary Grammy Award winning production trio the J.U.S.T.I.C.E League. Peep some of what he had to say about life, music and whats in store for the J.U.S.T.I.C.E League in the upcoming future. BLAXLIFE.



1. How did u 1st get involved in the production side of the music?

Well, me personally...I used 2 rap when I was a teenager, but me and my crew didn't have beats...so i just started fuckin around wit my pop's keyboard the "TS-10". Colione story was pretty much the same, he was an artist in Tampa with a hit on the radio. He did all his own beats. Kenny was a well known musician playing in various bands around tampa while going to school for audio engineering.

2. What inspired J.U.S.T.I.C.E Leauge to form as a production trio instead of remaining solo?

In the begining we each had strengths that the other didn't have. Like Colione did alot of keyboard uptempo tracks, and I did alot of sampled tracks, and Kenny did alot of r&b. Now we can all do any genre of music.

3. When did u kno that u had achieved success in the music industry?

When we moved into a big ass Mansion in ATL!

4. Who is your favorite artist that you've worked with thus far?

There's to many to name, we've worked with Jeezy, Ross, Mary J Blige...2 many to name. They are all great to work with!

5. Where do see yourself and your career heading in the next year?

We see our careers heading towards more artist coming out on our label. We have a few tricks up our sleeves and a few shovels, because we are about 2 create a new lane for people to follow.
Much continued success to The J.U.S.T.I.C.E League in the upcoming year
Floow the link to watch the video for Maybach Music: Rick Ross produced by The J.U.S.T.I.C.E League

No comments: