Friday, December 19, 2008

Adebisi & The Fresh Cut Collective Live @ Stonefly Brewery 12/18/2008













Thursday December 18th, 2008 the Stonefly Brewery in Milwaukee, WI was transformed in to the Xperience. This was not only an experience for those in attendence. It was also an experience for me. This happened to be the first time that I have had the opportunity to perform with a live band, as well as it being the bands first experience playing a live show together as one band.
It felt special to me to be able to debut this fresh and new thing to a fresh and new crowd. The crowd was beautiful! Ethnically diverse and full of fresh faces. The ladies were all dancing and having a good time and everyone in the crowd was really into being receptive and experiencing the show.
We started our sets with some minor faults, but by the time we got to the second song everything was flowing right! What i really love about performing is the essence of call and response! I know that if I can get the crowd involved, then I'm winning! Can't nobody in the joint say my set was weak if i had damn near everybody in spot yellin "hellllll yeeeeaaahhhh" you know what I'm sayin! I had on my dark shades "to sheild from the flashing lights" so I couldn't really see the crowd. I wanted to be in my own zone anyway. The show felt real good though. That's all I can say. I didn't see it. I ROCKED it! And thats all I know.
Besides the show my homegirl DJ Venus held it down on the 1's & 2's all night. And she really did her thing. I was really impressed. I could of called any of these other dj's in the city and they would of charged me an arm and a leg and played Lil Boosie all gotdamned night! Thank God for her.
Due to the snow alot of people chose to not come. Might I add that it didn't even start to snow till after the show was over! However my most key point here is that the folks who chose not to show were some of the folks closest to me. I was unhappy about that, but oh well. Still over 100 people came out and checked out the show. And might I add that those who were there were the best folks that could've been there. We waited it out but not too long and as soon as the patrons had had enough drinks and got antsy enough, we hit em wit that real!
Thank God for hip hop and Rock & Roll.
Mama I'm a rock star! Watch me shine..



No comments: